RE: ADVERTISING

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Sherry Johnson wrote:
> The reason I didn't ask about anything but exploiting African-Americans
> is that those are the good quotes I've got...  (There's even a term
> called "bro-ing" in big ad firms, referring to how to use the growing
> trends in the African-American community to increase sales.)

So is this about selling things to the black community itself?  (I don't
like the phrase "African-American", because not all Africans are black --
think of all those Arabs in Egypt, Libya, Algeria, etc. -- perhaps we
should say "sub-Saharan-African-American"? and besides, the phrase is a
mouthful.)  Or is this about selling things to white people and dressing
these things up in black cool?  Either way, what's the problem?