The Holidays...I have made contact!!

Since the day that we were discussing The Holidays here on the list, I
have been searching all over the internet for references to them. Google
turned up hardly anything.

However, I did find a reference to a guy called Mini Mendez, playing
solo at a club in California and, in parentheses, it said formerly of
The Holidays. So, then I did a search on his name and he turned out to
be the lead singer of The Holidays. It's been so long, I didn't
recognize his name. Anyway, I found a personal site he has and emailed
him and he wrote right back to me. Pretty cool.

It's possible that they have the original masters that they can burn
from. He's going to find out.

BTW, search his name on mp3.com. He's got two solo songs up there. His
voice still sounds incredible.

Also BTW, he called Over the Rhine a "very good band". So, there's your
OtR content.

Here's what he had to say:

>>From Mini Mendez<<

Yep. I was a Holiday back in the day. That first LP was never released
on CD,only our second one was
("Restless Heart"). I only own a couple of them myself,but I'll send
you one
for sure. I think our drummer might have a few as well. I'll check with
him.
Maybe we can put it on a disk if you want.