Re: 80s music (Was Re: SOS)

>From: Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
>To: Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com (Over the Rhine List)
>Subject: 80s music (Was Re: SOS)
>Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:20:50 -0400 (EDT)
>
>80s music haiku...
>
>     poetry in motion
>she blinded me with science
>   now she's making love
>

>And here's something you'll hate me for...
>
>Subject: 1980s Music Quiz (fwd)
>---------
>Guaranteed to destroy your afternoon...
>
>>I've managed to identify all but: 9, 28, 57, 73, 101,
>105, 137, 167, 174, 187
>
>Any help on those would be muchly appreciated.
>>   137. Well Superman looked up at me, he said  "You rock so naturally"

This one was a sort of rap opera called "Jam on it" ("jamonay" in jive
speak).  The rest of that particular line goes something like, "I said now
that you learned the deal let me tell you why I'm a soul for real.  I'm
Kozmo D from outer space.  I'm here to rock the human race.  I do it right
'cause I can't do it wrong.  That's why the whole world is singing this
song."  I have a vague idea of why I know this but don't desire to dredge up
that much of my past.