I would walk 500 miles and havering (was Re: the book of linford)

Title: I would walk 500 miles and havering (was Re: the book of linford)
There’s one line in that wonderful song I could never understand,
so your post inspired me to look it up on the ‘net.
And strangely, it’s just the way i have always sung it phonetically:
“And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you”

Which, of course, led me to look up “Haver” at dictionary.com, since we don’t use that word down here in Texas.

haver
\Ha"ver\, v. i. [Etymol. uncertain.] To maunder; to talk foolishly; to chatter. [Scot.] --Sir W. Scott.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

--
paul r. soupiset
toolbox studios