Re: iseegenius (not quite so)

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, David Dean wrote:

> Alfred B Johnson wrote:
> Don't want to get to spoilers territory.
>
> Well you did when you revealed to the whole list "The aliens are
> silly." Had I not already seen the movie, I'd be very upset with you.
> Next time, put a warning in your subject line that might clue people
> in so they don't end up getting "spoiled."

how does calling something silly equate spoiler? everyone knows from the
trailer that aliens are involved. i believe the trailer even has a shadow
moving... so calling them silly is an opinion.

would i spoil it if i said the crop signs were eery? or the cornfield
usage clever?

curious.

> This again gets into the whole issue of OtR content versus non-OtR
> content and some list ettiquette.  At the minimum it contributes to
> the case for having someone monitor the list before messages are
> automatically passed on.

sir. yes sir.

(:

rhys