Re: Wow!

On 8/5/02 11:34 PM, quoth the effervescent wrosesongs at yahoo_com at
wrosesongs at yahoo_com:

>It's so quiet! What? is everyone tired from the
>post-a-thon month of July? Or is this thing broken? :)

Well, I was in Ohio, you see. Now I'm back, however, after seeing a good
chunk of the more rural bits and back roads around Rock Creek and Geneva.
I kept singing quietly to myself of the back roads where the river bends.

I wondered for a bit about how one state looks very much like another
around here. They don't actually change colours like they do on the
puzzle maps you have when you're a kid. Orange-- I think Ohio was orange.
Or maybe blue. But this weekend was green and brown, with Sunday adding a
brutal red around the edges. I was so hot I briefly turned cold-- a scary
thing when there's no air conditioning for hours yet and you have to
spend those intervening hours smiling and bouncy-happy in the sun. In a
corset. And a black dress.

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a lover who might be
fickle, but one I'll never leave, and one who's never the same from one
place to the next, but always constant. One I'll chase eight hours
through blinding tropical depressions across several states at a time,
but with whom I always feel safe at home.

Not everyone's lucky enought to have something that crazywonderful in
their lives, so I'll count my blessings. And thank G-d I had someone to
share the driving with.