Re: Re evolution stuff

>From: Gilhamilton at aol_com
>To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
>Subject: Re: Re evolution stuff
>Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 03:59:58 EDT
>
>In a message dated 7/29/02 7:32:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
>randomricky at hotmail_com writes:
>
><<  With that in mind, has anyone ever heard of
>  the "gap" theory-

  Personally I feel the argument was
>probably
>promoted as ammunition for an old earth.  Not that I don't think a gap is a
>possibility but it seems to be reading way too much into the text.

I don't think you have to read anything into the text to buy the theory.  I
think it's actually a sense that something is missing from the text that is
the basis of the theory.  I don't read Hebrew but even in English I get a
strong sense of "change" (for lack of a better description) between Gen. 1:1
& 1:2.  From what I've read this sense comes out stronger in Hebrew but I
wouldn't know.  Anyhow, I like this theory because it a least explain to
mind the fossil record that we do have which is clear evidence of an
extremely ancient earth.  As to the fossil record that we don't have and
have been waiting to discover since the time of Darwin (who himself said we
would have by now), I guess I'll just have to let the experts keep digging.
Believe me, I'm waiting in eager anticipation.