Full Frontal

Full Frontal is a rotten rotten movie.  I was looking forward to it too much
(first mistake).  Everything else Soderbergh has done, I've more or less
enjoyed.  This was supposed to be a return to his indie roots like "sex,
lies and videotape" which was more or less perfect.  But it was just awful.

Some of the writing/dialog was pretty clever, and the performances were
good.  Catherine Keener is way more beautiful than I've ever seen her..  And
Mary McCormack was rockin', like a young husky Elisabeth Shue.  That sounds
worse in print than it was on screen.  David Duchovny was in it for -- oh --
maybe 3 minutes.  Brad Pitt was in it more.  Nicky Katt was pretty good..

I'm the world's worst reviewer.  But the film was about very little other
than how vacuous LA is, which Altman's "The Player" did as just subplot way
better than Soderbergh did here.  Handheld video cameras ridiculously grainy
and out of focus?  Big deal.

Did anyone else see it??

Still wretching,