re:presentin' on a rainy thursday night

"this is not the greatest [concert] in the world...
this is just a tribute."

A Tribute to Over the Rhine
Thursday, June 27th, 2002
York Street Int'l Cafe - Newport, KY

11 artists, one cover, one original each.

It was a superb night.  The only major malfunction
was that York Street didn't have any Tira Misu on
hand... limey bastards!

who played?
  Shannon Lewis (from Set On Edge)
  Nathan & Anji
  Carl Shephard (from Entheos)
  Mark Cormican
  Todd Gilbert
  Chris Flinchbaugh (w/ Kim Nixon)
  Jessica Aguilar Walker (w/ Ashley Peacock)
  Ryan Adcock
  Brownhouse (Kim Nixon)
  Ashley Peacock
  Hypersomnia (Jay & Lynzi & friends)

Awesome show all around!!  Truly superb, truly no
bad performers all night.  It was nice to hear every-
ones own stuff mixed in with their versions of one
of our favorite band's songs.

Highlights.  There were many, but here are a few...

-Karin and Linford showed up... was nice to see
  them be on the receiving end for a change... :)
-Shannon Lewis has a great voice.  I must say that
  his original tune "I've Gone Somewhere to Be
  Alone" is a stunningly beautiful song.  I snagged
  a CD of his shortly thereafter.
-Nathan... nice bass.  I've never seen such a fine
  homemade contraption, but it had a nice sound in
  its simplicity.  I dug it...
-Carl had a nice voice... I hear he's a damn good
  rapper, too...
-Chris Flinchbaugh's original tune (which I forget
  the name of) has some great promise... looking
  forward to the CD, dude...
-Ryan Adcock, Brownhouse, and Ashley Peacock all
  had stunningly great sets.  These three artists
  seemed to have the most professional aura about
  them.  All great stuff...
-Hypersomnia.  Wow.  I didn't know that they were
  coming down from Michigan for this.  I saw them
  on the list and figured I could lose some sleep
  to stay for their midnight show ender... Their
  version of "Murder" on the trib CD is my fav
  track... Utter rockin' beauty.  Only complaint
  was that Jay's vocals on Murder were hard to hear
  last night. :(  Their 140bpm version of "Latter
  Days" was also a treat... :)

What was played (as I remember it):
  When I Go (twice)
  Poughkeepsie
  Etcetera Whatever
  Murder
  Latter Days (twice?)
  Like a Radio
  Hej (I Do)
  Paul and Virginia
  Bothered
  ... d'oh!  And I'm totally forgetting what Ryan
    Adcock (Latter Days?) and Chris Flinchbaugh
    played.  Perhaps my brain doesn't work too well
   on only 5 hours of sleep... I remember that I
   liked their original tunes better, though...

sleepy,
Dan

np: set on edge - a story to cling to

=====
*here are two wonderful pages that Dan maintains*
    VISIT - My Essential Music Favorites List:
             http://www.dlm.net/gc/
    VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/