Re:copying from VHS to mpeg

Actually Dan I've been thinking about that myself but was going to wait
until I bought a DVD burner.I did a little checking and found this site
http://www.computervideogear.com/digital_video_capture_card/ads-usb-instant-dvd.htm

Obviously you don't have to burn it to DVD but this little gizmo gets the
video into the puter where you can edit it etc..with the right
software.There might be cheaper ones but like anything else it's what kind
of quality do you want.Just like with audio the better quality you
want your MPEG to be the more space it'll take up on the hardrive.
Like I said I haven't really delved into this yet but being a video
technician for a living I'm going to do alot more homework on this in the
near future.
John (JB)