Re: Re:Re: Germs (oTr content)

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Them's fightin' words to the dog-lovers hereabouts, BTW. I kiss my dog
> all the time-- biologically speaking, I've heard dogs' mouths are
> cleaner than people's mouths, anyway.

Yeah, and the ancient Romans brushed their teeth with urine, too, because
it sterilized germs and all -- but I still think it's kinda grody.

(If memory serves, T.E. Lawrence, a.k.a. "Lawrence of Arabia", claimed in
his memoirs that his Arab allies pissed in the wounds of their comrades,
to sterilize the wounds, but I can't find the reference right now.)