RE: Backing in....

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Lawlor, Barry wrote:

> Rhys Wrote:
>
> >>yay! (: i will have a hard time cheering for that one, sinc ei want
> mexicoto win, but live in the states.
>
> There is just one way to go on that one Rhys. ;)

viva la mexico! although i do admit it would be nice to usa make something
of themselves to the world about soccer.

> Did you see it?  I saw it and don't know much about soccer, but the
> USA player (Donovan?) used his shoulder and elbow to "slightly" move
> Poland's defender.  Being a homer I would have said no harm no foul
> (as did the announcer), I would really like to see what a true
> ref/soccer fan thought of it.  I mean if it is a rule that neither can
> touch each other, than there shouldn't have been a goal. Poland's
> defender was as much to fault as the American.

didn't see it.

sounds like a foul and fair call. unfortunate, but it happens.

not like the game hosted in guatemala (i think it was there).

it was an obvious not handball. the guys' hands were behind him as he
struck at the ball with his chest, and the ref (a national) called a hand
ball on him and took the goal away. we were furious!
 the replays were so obvious. i wish the refs were regulated more. there's
so much localism....

> Oh well....

ah well. yet another reaosn to desire that the usa makes good.

> Out here in the midst of rain, barry

sun smog andjaze. and broken perl scripts.

rhys

--
Application has reported a 'Not My Fault' in module KRNL.EXE in line
0200:103F