Re: car rental

In a message dated 6/12/2002 2:25:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time, since_91 at hotmail_com writes:

Enterprise (http://www.enterprise.com/) has compact cars, like Geo Metro's, for $20 a day, but the rate on weekends is half that.  I don't know if it applies all over the country, but I've done it in St. Louis before.

Pretty much all the rental companies (Avis (http://www.avis.com), Hertz (http://www.hertz.com), National (http://www.nationalcar.com), etc.) have various specials available thru their sites which I've found to usually be my best bets when renting.  There are a number of smaller, lesser known companies out there too, but I personally prefer to stick with one of the larger ones.  The price they quote may seem higher than what the others will give you, but they're usually good about giving you a quote that includes all the taxes and fees, whereas a lot of the others will give you only the subtotal and then hit you with the other stuff at the end.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Moby - Songs 1993-1998

...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the "race" of the decent man and the "race" of the indecent man.  -- Viktor Frankl