If Over the Rhine Were A Beer?

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Jeff McCloud wrote:
"So if Over the Rhine were a beer, what kind would it be?"

I remember that when the really cheap drunks at parties in college sank
below Schaeffer, and even sank below Fife And Drum, there were the heavy
cardboard returnable containers with the heavy returnable bottles of
RHINELANDER.

Wait a minute, beer, BEER!? Mon Dieu! You mean the stuff that gains in
bitterness (not unlike myself) as the snobbishness of the enthusiast
increases- "Yeah, I'll have one of your super dark charcoal ales, that
taste like chocolate cookies mixed with pot roast, left in the oven an
hour too long."

Surely oTr would be a fermented beverage from a vineyard, not the result
of rotten hops and barley with a born-on date. For goodness' sake,
people, let's keep the level of pretension up in here, ç'est façile.

"Il Est Dans Mon Poche," and "Jacksie" do not fit in a beer, n'est-çe
pas? "Last Night," I didn't dream that you filled the bathtub full of
beer.

A few years ago, two (feamle) friends of mine had a conversation that
made its way into one's weekly newspaper column about how men, in their
uncontrollably crass hedonistic materialism, truly desire that, instead
of the milk of human kindness, women would, in a glandular manner,
dispense beer.

N.P.-> Portishead

p.s. "Buy that man a Blue Ribbon, Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer."

"If music be the food of love, play on."
     --Shakespeare (they sure make good fishing tackle)
http://community.webtv.net/Sobriqet/SOBRIQUET