big ghetto speakers...

hi kids.

so, when something has me down or angry, or when i have a lot on my mind, i
like to drive fast.  i also like to listen to my music loud...very loud.

with my car, i can do both.

while i was away, my r&b/rap loving boyfriend put *huge* speakers in the
trunk of my mitsubishi eclipse, putting an amp under the driver's seat (which
i still don't know how to turn on or off...), and he has my bass set to -6
and my treble to +4, which still leaves my rearview mirror vibrating even
when the volume is set at a normal level.  i don't understand any of it...all
i know is that when he is in the car, he's usually driving, and i allow him
to listen to whatever he wants...as long as it's not too vulgar or degrading.
 i actually like his bone thugs and harmony cd.

anyway, tonight, i have a lot of things on my mind.  this is what happens
when you have finally graduated college and think that everything is planned
out for you, only to find a curve ball thrown your way.  i have to think
about where i want to work, where i want to live, how serious this
relationship is, and numerous other things...so, tonight, i took off in my
car, looking for a place to drive fast.  i found it as the track of "if i'm
drowning" from _besides_ began playing.

my other over the rhine stuff sounded good with the silly amp and huge
speakers that make transporting *anything* in my car virtually impossible.
but "if i'm drowning" took my admiration of my new sound system to a whole
new level.  before i didn't care about the sounds one way or another...but as
i drove down second avenue, with the volume turned *way* up, the bass
vibrating my seat and brian kelly's drum solo pounding into my head, i felt
better.

not good for my ear drums at all, i know.  but sometimes we have to do what's
not so good for us to do what's good for us afterall.

just thought i'd share.  happy tuesday, all.

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka