Re: USA draw against Korea

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Mark wrote:
> I do hope you advance to the next round, should be good for USA soccer
> in general and the players in the current team especially.

Hmmm, just after 1:00am, there was a sudden explosion of whoops and cheers
and cries of joy, just outside my apartment in downtown Vancouver.  If I
read the lead story at the World Cup web site correctly, I'm guessing
everyone was cheering the fact that Korea fought the Americans to a draw.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/020610/2/w3p.html

Vancouver does have a strong, thriving Asian community, but somehow, I
think the cheering was motivated more by the need to see America not win
than by the need to see Korea not lose.  :)

Oh, wait, I just heard a few people chanting "KO-RE-A!" outside.  Will I
be able to get some sleep tonight, I wonder.  (Of course I will.)