Re: RE: Is Soccer a Sport?!?!?!?

On 6/7/02 11:47 AM, quoth the effervescent
michael.cade.liv1 at statefarm_com at michael.cade.liv1 at statefarm_com:

>It was the climbers' actions that put the rescuers at risk.  Regardless of
>whether they planned it or not.  Do drunk drivers plan on being involved in
>an accident that hurts a person "unlucky" enough to be at the wrong place at
>the wrong time?

Yeah, but drunk drivers don't practise safety procedures and take safety
gear with them when they go. I see what you're saying, but people need
rescuing from far safer pastimes all the time. Just because we only hear
about climbing when there's been some horrible accident doesn't mean
millions of other people all around the world don't manage it perfectly
and unobtrusively all the time.

I'd also wager that those who choose to be rescue workers have done their
fair share of hiking/climbing/canoeing,kayaking/etc. as well.