RE: Is Soccer a Sport?!?!?!?

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Lawlor, Barry wrote:

> >>which part is that? where they stand around whack balls with a stick? (;
>
> lol...yes they have to take a round ball and a round bat and hit the
> ball "squarely".  There is a guy on the Boston Red Sox who if you look
> at his bat you can see how he hits the ball in the exact same spot
> every time, about the size of a quarter. His name is Nomar and he is
> dating Mia Hamm.  I don't know what this has to do with anything.  Oh
> yeah, back to linking this with soccer.  This is the FIFA listserve
> right?

wow. i concede. it's an inexplicable sport. but it's a sport if someone
can be so precise as to hit in exactly the same place everytime.

besides if mia hamm is dating him... (:

> Rhys, absolutely, no doubt, and I am not one to argue that things such
> as climbing is not sport.  Just looking at those pictures gives me
> vertigo.  I often wonder how Barry Bonds would do, say climbing a
> mountain, or vice versa how the best mountain climber would do facing
> a Randy Johnson fastball.  Anyway, this is what happens when you have
> too much time on your hands.

wow. i don't get vertigo, but i don't like standing and looking down near
the edge....... i do like looking down if iu'm siting or climbing (:

> Does anyone remember the show where they would bring all the different
> athletes together and have them compete on obstacle courses and rowing
> and such.  It was fun to see that not everyone has the same strengths.

huh?

rhys
--
Application has reported a 'Not My Fault' in module KRNL.EXE in line
0200:103F