RE: Is Soccer a Sport?!?!?!?

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Lawlor, Barry wrote:

> will agree with the slowness of baseball, but that is also the
> intrinsic beauty of the sport.

which part is that? where they stand around whack balls with a stick? (;

> My friends and I have often debated who the best conditioned athletes
> are in professional sports and this is the list that I believe to be
> correct.

0) Climber: needs, endurance like none other. not only to hike up to the
face, which often invovles a gain of 700-900 ft in 1/4 miles.

then there is the climb. need: strength of mind, and calmness. sothat when
you look down more than 1000 ft, you don't flip out.  flexibility for
those cracks, strength inthe fingers and toes and all muscles in order to
use 2 toes to stand on a tiny nudge of rock. then there's the fact that

(see http://www.mixi.net/~eigenstr/seneca/)

gear: shoes. harness, ropes. brains.helmet.

yea, those climber folks - they work hard.

(:

rhys

--
Application has reported a 'Not My Fault' in module KRNL.EXE in line
0200:103F