Is Soccer a Sport?!?!?!?

I'll come out for this one...

Of course it is, you big silly!  The ultimate sport.  It requires speed,
endurance, skill and an SUV!  It's amazing to watch these men and women play
for 90 minutes with little break to speak of, wearing themselves out but
still having the presence of mind to execute the kind of skillful footwork
that ballet dancers can only dream of.  As compared to:

Baseball - Yeah, it's all american and "Field of Dreams" and I like the
Yankees and all that, but it's slower than Grandma Moses swimming in a pool
of molasses.

Football - The game lasts for 27 hours and the players are actually playing
for about 23.5 minutes of that time.  Which is good, because they're grossly
out of shape and there's no way they could keep up with a mediocre soccer
player in an endurance contest

Golf - I refuse to accept anything as a sport that is usually played wearing
khakis and a polo shirt.  Please...

Tennis - That's getting closer

The only thing that comes close is basketball.  Especially if it involves
any college or high school from the Hoosier state. :)

Over in this corner wishing I were a jock...

Kelvin