Re: Macomb/Galesburg/Peoria Area Pre-Cornerstone Concerts

> I have seen nothng at all on the internet, but I remember seeing some
> flyers on supermarket bulletin boards in Galesburg, last year.
>
> The only thing I have heard about this year is some gothic event,
> off-site, that might even be during the festival. I've never, ever heard
> of anyone doing anything like that before, except some weekend pancake
> breakfasts at area churches on Saturday, or Sunday mornings. I guess the
> trouble and expense was finally worth having total control to some
> subculture, and it was gothic.
>
> It seems kind of sacreligious, or just plain impractical, to leave the
> festival grounds
>
> In 1994, I saw some late night events in Willmar, Minnesota, after the
> annual Sonshine Festival closed down at 11 p.m., one of which featured
> the 77's Michael Roe, who had Adam Again's Gene Eugene do some duets.

I feel like I'm missing some context, like maybe this is a reply to
another post, but I have a few things to say.

Two years ago, I went to a little pre-Cornerstone show Monday night at a
Baptist church in Galesburg.  It was a show packed with lots of
indie/local punk bands mostly, with some hardcore and emo thrown in for
fun.  The only bands that I can remember the names of right now are
Headnoise and Hiding Remington.  It was a good show, all in all.
Definitely worh the ~$3 I paid to get in.

I haven't heard about any goth shows, but that doesn't mean much...most
of my connections to the local scene are the punk/emo/ska channels,
since that's the key interest of most of my friends that go see bands
play.

Supposedly the church in Galesburg is organizing the same thing again
this year; I plan to be there with a few friends.  If anyone else goes,
I'll see you there.

-Smitty