Re: Freakin' old electronics

On 6/1/02 12:42 PM, quoth the effervescent bschermerhorn at yahoo_com at
bschermerhorn at yahoo_com:

>HOLY COW!
>
>Someone else had this?!?
>
>Ahhh, my first love.
>
>I had the thing plugged into an old b&w tv that
>smelled of ozone terribly.
>
>It, along with my Commodore Vic-20, 64, 128 and who
>knows what Atari models, are probably still in my
>parent's attic (alongside my first bike, I hope...)
>
><wistful>childhood...</wistful>
>
>Brian

Hell, yeah, baby. I think we still have it somewhere. And we had it
plugged into an old B&W, too. Tiny thing I later (earlier?) used to watch
Lady Di become a princess at 4am when my parents wouldn't let me rouse
the rest of the house to watch on the big set in their room. Sigh.

Our Commodore 64 died an ignominious and mysterious death, and at the
time, it was so comparatively disposable, we threw it in a closet in
favour of my new 128. I took that to college, of course, and upon it, I
wrote my thesis. And I still have it-- and my old monitor, and my 1541
hard drive with the 5 1/2" floppy floppy drive.

I still prefer my G4, though, thank you. And if I reeeeeally need a copy
of my thesis, which was a murder mystery novel (Yay, New College!), I can
scan it in. Or maybe fly down to Florida and check the bound copy out of
the library in Sarasota.