Re: Radio whom?? (stuff about prayer)

I am now entrigued with the idea of the creative power of words.  The book
of John even states that the universe was created through the spoken Word of
God, doesn't it?  I think it is true that spoken prayer can be a creative
force, at least in a person's mind.  For instance, if someone is praying for
"strength" to make through a tough situation couldn't it be the very request
courage or patience or what have you that creates that very attitude and
subsequent energy that's derived.  Another example of the creative power of
words is song lyrics.  I had a terrible job not too long ago and the only
way I was able to endure it  was because they let me listen to a walkmen.
Sometimes I felt like a slave singing spirituals just to make it through the
night, but the amazing thing was that after a prolonged period of time my
whole attitude and thinking changed from merely listening over and over
again to musicians with something to say (OTR being one of them of course).
So, yes indeed we must pray for our own sake more than for God's, but I'm
still not totally convinced that there isn't some sort of at least desire in
God that isn't fullfilled through our relationship with Him through prayer.
By the way, for Pete's sake, if God didn't need to create us then it must
have been His choice to do so and thus God has a form of free will.  If
needed to create us then maybe He doesn't have free will and then Marie has
a kinds of theological problems to sort out:))))))