Radio whom?? (was Radio Satan)

ryan said:

people
being God's hands and feet.  Being pure Spirit God
cannot act in the
material world unless it's through a material vessle,
whether it be the
parting of the Red Sea through...

--->but it isn't a hand or a foot that conjures a
storm "naturally."  i think that account is supposed
to be supernatural.  and i'd go back to your original
mention of the creation.  did god need a natural
vessel to do that?

ryan:

appreciative of it.  So, does need
free moral agents in order to act in human affairs?
My guess is probably yes.

---> i don't think he needs anything, but i think it's
his relational/love character that makes free moral
agency a real part of the experience.

ryan:
question.  Why wouldn't we ask if we had faith, and
why would God act if we didn't?

--->about faith: b/c of a desire for him...an
augustine, well-directed desire for god.

about god's autonomous actions etc. related to prayer:
i go back to a thought that cs lewis had--we don't
pray for god's sake but rather for our own.

he knows what's happening here...what the needs are
etc.  he doesn't meet our needs b/c we deserve it but
rather b/c of his character...he loves
(unconditionally and sacrificially) b/c of who/what he
is--not b/c of who/what we are.

my two cents,
j. marie

=====
All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful. -Flannery O'Connor