thumbs up, down and all around

hi everyone! <j. marie waving furiously from her
classroom computer>

good conversation lately--it makes me grateful to read
along.  such nice people in the orchard.  i haven't
had much to say these days, but i've been
listening/reading.

regarding meditation and conga lines.  heh heh.
having both is part of why i appreciate otr.  first, i
think proposing ideal setlists in kinda fun :)  but
i'm wondering about doggin' the chilled numbahs.

anyway, another reason i like otr is that they share
great gifts with others.  maybe even divine gifts.
their music, their dreams kinda...parts of themselves.
 and i don't know that it would make sense for us to
decide how it comes out or even what it is.  it is
what it is.

it's beautiful too...in a deeper way than esthetics
will allow.  have you ever noticed how the things that
astound (maybe in art or in other associates of
beauty) are those that ring true on some level????  a
song or painting can upset my sense of societal order,
but something in it provokes real attention and maybe
a more alive way of thinking about it.

one of the sweetest moments for me is one that at
least tries to approach a truth.  an honest moment.
proverbs says that an honest answer is like a kiss on
the lips.  so, not to get weird on you members of over
the rhine :)--but what i appreciate about you (and so
many listees) is that commitment not only to art and
excellence...but an affiliation with character and
honesty.  it certainly comes in an amazing package!!!!
 but what do we expect when you're giving it all up
(maybe even yelling your fool head off) to circle
around some primordial tower during the strangest
hours.

btw, thanks to michelle for the personal details in
the review!  and as for loving people (matt, ryan).
yippidy doo dah day!  that's a massive thing.  but
it's definitely a thing i like to learn and think
about.  i might have to scratch my head a while longer
and write later.

paz afuera,
j. marie

=====
All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful. -Flannery O'Connor