Good dog bad dog and X-files?

Please tell me if i'm hallucinating here, but I'm watching an all new
episode of the x-files, (new for the UK anyway)   involving supposedly
extinct man-eating dogs, and it's filled with OtR references. (Karin
Berquist as a dog expert,a character by the name of Detweiler, good dog bad
dog jokes).I'm sure I've missed whatever information floats around in OtR
circles about this, but someone please tell me I'm *not* hallucinating.
Is there an interesting story behind this I'm missing?

'If I try to pray, it's like a game of red rover. I take a real good run at
it, but I can't break through. Don't matter anyway. I'm so red-handed. The
game is over. I'll just tell the truth.
I know a Love that will not let me go. '
::over the rhine::