Re: concert

> I'm wondering what those
> that saw them play last week in Cincinnati thought
> of the show?

Well, I'm lousy at this sort of thing...but I'll take
a shot.

Of the groups I see regularly I think Monk is the most
entertaining.  It's always spontaneous and
unpredictable and surprising.  Last weekend was no
different.

Due to Saturday morning schedules, et cetera, I was at
the early show and bailed pretty quickly afterward.  I
imagine show 1 was vastly different than show 2.  But
it was fun being at York Street with daylight flooding
in the windows and no smoke.  And nice to have such an
age-diverse crowd.  At one point Ric said "the median
age in here probably 9."  And so it was.

Ric had a guest musician (whose name escapes me)
playing violin, banjo, mandolin and maybe other
goodies.  He played the banjo upright, with a bow and
a capo that incredibly simulated the desired sitar
effect.

Ric, as always, was amazing.  My favorites, as always,
were Circle of Quiet, Lemongrass, That's My Love.
Part of his encore was a sole rendition of Charlie
Peacock's This Is the Way of Love (is that the right
title?  I'm too lazy to look it up.)

Just like Mister Rogers, you know it's time to get
down to business when Ric takes off his shoes.  Right
before the second track Ric adjusts his guitar, kicks
off the sandals and I sit back in the York Street
couch thinking "I wish I could stay out really late
tonight."

Enjoy the show...

bks

=====
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
- Xenocrates