RE: C-Stone 2002 - If you're not camping, you weren't really at C-Stone

Title: RE: C-Stone 2002 - If you're not camping, you weren't really at C-Stone

Camping out at C-Stone is part of what makes it Cornerstone.  I have met far more people while setting up camp, getting the vehicles unstuck from the mud and sharing around the cookstoves than in any other way at C-Stone.  We will be coming this year in our pickup camper, but passed on the RV sites even though our camper has AC and other cool stuff that we could have used if we had chosen the RV sites but we want to be out with the crowd. Camping out is essential.  Going to a hotel while at Cornerstone is like going on an African safari in a zoo.  You might see some big cats and elephants but it just isn't the same.

Why bother stopping at Wal-Mart (other than to support Kelvins' mom's pension plan ;-) of course).  Smart people plan ahead and bring what they need.  Water is a BIG REQUIREMENT, no argument there, but why anyone would have to stop for condoms on the way to the fest site makes me totally shudder.

If you are camping you bring in and prepare your own food.  We rarely bother with the fest foods, but if we do, we always pack the Rolaids in advance.  Greasy is the watchword.

You don't have to get right up close to stage to get a really good view most of the time.  Often you will want to be out a little to some place with a little air circulation especially in the tents.  And sound is totally suspect, we move around till we find a good spot, tent acoustics are fairly lame.

So, don't be a sissy-mary come on out and camp in the mud, the dust, the whatever is on for the day.