Re: Essential Indie Artists

 Bob the dancing monkey <djohnson at snowplow_org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 May 2002,

> However, aren't we talking about indy artists?  I
> mean, a whole lot of the
> above folks have record deals (albeit in the
> Christian music ghetto).  The
> Choir even got a Grammy nod last year...

True the Choir got a Grammy nod for Flap your Wings, a
Cd put out independantly, was recorded in Derri's home
srudio, with fiannacial backing by the band members
(since they do not have a major label home), and never
received any air play. The Grammy thing came as a
shock.

Zayne

=====
She does rain dances when she's feeling dry... ~Shivaree