Re: Essential Indie Artists

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Zayne S wrote:

> Wed, 01 May 2002 14:42:09 -0400 From: "jan weatherman"
> <janweatherman at hotmail_com>
>

> <<<My essentials are:
> Robert Deeble-
> Ida-
> The Choir->>>>
>
> Ahemmmm!
>
> Greg Greg, Greg...
>
> With an e-addy like yours, how could you leave Mike
> Knott off your short list? :)
>
> My list would include:
>
> The Choir, 77's, DA, Michael Knott, LSU, Aunt Betty's,
> Prayer Chain, Lassie Foundation, Kemper Crabb, The
> Violet Burning, Jan Krist, Common Children, Dave
> Beegle, Poor Old Lu, Mortal...

However, aren't we talking about indy artists?  I mean, a whole lot of the
above folks have record deals (albeit in the Christian music ghetto).  The
Choir even got a Grammy nod last year...

-Drew

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)