Special Program

Hey gang-

There is a special edition of 3 Chords & the Truth, Baby! on line for today
only. Today, the program is called 3 Chords & the CARP.
I'm joining with lots of other internet broadcasters to help bring awareness
to a situation that may spell impending doom for internet radio. I've pasted
this comment from www.povradio.com to explain this situation better:

"What is happening in a nutshell:
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998 and the Digital
Performance Right in Sound Recordings Act of 1995 delegated authority to the
Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (CARP) to recommend specifics on
recording industry royalty rates. CARP has proposed a retroactive fee dating
back to October 1998 and a per-listener per-song fee that will effectively
bankrupt independent webcasters.

Webcaster portals, like Live365.com and Shoutcast.com that host over 80,000
webcasters, will close operations. Thousands of independent webcasters will
be silenced. The Corporate Webcasters that remain will be forced by the CARP
proposal to infringe on your right to privacy. Your personal information
will be used by organizations, such as the RIAA, for marketing and analysis.

In summation; the CARP Proposal allows unfair business trade, infringes on
your right to privacy, restricts freedom of speech, and grants The Deep
Pocket Corporate Webcaster monopolistic streams of income.

The CARP proposal, if passed, will take effect on or about May 21, 2002."

I'm not a big protester by nature, and there is are many situations in the
world that are far more serious than this. However, this is a problem that
has been created by wrong-headed thinking by members of our government.

Many stations are going dark in protest today (MAYDAY- Get it?) Others, like
myself, are doing special broadcasts. 3 Chords will has some protest songs,
some love songs to the radio, and some special messages throughout. Also,
there are some regular playlist songs- because I want to listen, too!

If you go to live365.com and do a search for "CARP" you will get a list of
all the special broadcasts today.

For more information on the CARP proposal- the one that may end this all- go
to www.saveinternetradio.org  They have a list of things that we all can do
to help solve this problem.

Thanks for listening! Tomorrow, a new broadcast! Enjoy!

-janweatherman
Three Chords & the CARP, Baby!
http://www.live365.com/stations/234962
Three Chords Store