Fitzgeralds show revue

Well we had quite a time last night at Fitzgeralds !!
I got there a little after 9 and chatted with the "listee's"
& "lostee" Kevin. Sorry Jana I didn't see your "working
the table"post until this morning or I would of definetly
said hello.The place was comfortably packed by the time
they took the stage.I was a little dissapointed that there
was just Lin,Karin,and Jack with no drums or bass but
seeing what Lin & Karin can do just by themselves before
I was eager to hear OTR in trio form for the first time,and of course they
were absolutely incredible.Opening with "Go down easy"Karin eased us into a
2 hour 17 song show that flowed beautifully.I always love the fact that OTR
crowds give complete
respect and attention,for the whole time.Absolute silence during
the music and while Karin does her quiet in between song banter.
Before playing "Jesus in New Orleans" Karin said they had gotten the green
light from Backporch to record 2 more albums.
The "ain't it cra--a--aa--zy" chorus part of Jesus is just so
infectious and is a great hook.She the said someone had requested a song a
while back so they'd play it now and
went in to "The Seahorse". During "Little Blue River/
In the Garden" it was very quiet during the interlude
when all of a sudden we heard the sky opening up
outside and pounding the roof with golf ball sized
hail prompting a reaction from the crowd as well
as Karin onstage smiling.Sometimes at shows like this I like
to walk around and watch and listen to songs from different
perspectives and watch reactions of everyone instead of standing
in one spot it makes for different memories of a 16 song show.
I've gone on record saying I think it's time to put "Jack's Valentine" to
rest and I know now that'll probably never happen
and as Karin would say "I'm ok with that"But tonite's JV was
I must say incredible!! Linford and Jack dueling licks back and forth in
grand fashion.At one point of the night Karin said that
Jack was house shopping in Scotland which made me wonder???
When I asked him after the show "How are you going to be in a band in Ohio
when you live in Scotland he kinda of just said "we'll have to see how it
works out". So I guess we will ??
Highlight of the night, Karin came out for the encore and played
by herself at the piano the most beautiful heartstopping version
of "Give Me Strength" followed by "Like a Radio/Ain't no sunshine".The crowd
was great throughout the night and Karin
& Linford proved that no matter what incarnation or lineup they
ever take the stage with their songs and talent will always be
loved and appreciated.  John (JB)

I couldn't get the setlist so this isn't exact but it's something like this:

1.) Go Down Easy
2.) Bothered
3.) Anything at all
4.) Green Clouded Swallowtail