Re: the return of insanity...

Liesel wrote:
> speaking of fred, or freds as it were, one of my favorite movies in junior
> high was 'drop dead fred'.  cracked me up.  i should rent it again, but i'm
> afraid it will just be silly now

Don't do it!  Trust me on this one.  Savor the memories.  I saw a free sneak
preview of that movie when I was in college (dang, so you were in junior high
when I was in college???? Okay, now I feel old. ;-)), and it was excruciatingly
bad.  I mean, like chinese water torture bad.  It's still on my list of worst
movies I've ever seen, although I have been mostly successful at blocking it
out of my memory.  I only went to see it because I love the Young Ones, and I
had high hopes for Ric Mayall.  I was deeply, deeply disappointed.  I would say
"at least it was free", but I want my 90 minutes back.

--
Don Smith                          Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" - Miguel de Unamuno