Re: 77s and other various musings

: if i want to explore the music of the 77s, what is a good album to start
: with?

Oh, goodness. "more miserable than you'll ever be." Hands down!! The only
thing lacking is "the lust, the flesh.." But aside from that it's my desert
island 77s disc.

: Anyhoo...love this weather.

Ah, spoken like someone who does not live in Chicago.

: Well, that's got to be better than opening for Squeeze a zillion years
ago.
: Griffin's really awesome. I've got both her other discs and a date to pick
: up her new one Manana.

And what, pray tell is wrong with Squeeze? Long-time listees may remember
that that opening gig was an important one for me...I invited this guy I
knew to come hand out OtR postcards with me...and the rest is history. (They
were good shows, too.)

Do pick up the new Patty Griffin ASAP. It's quite good.

: Besides.  Which, I finally realized tonight, is a pun.
: >Besides.  B-sides.  I feel so stupid.

LOL, I have been on the list for what? Almost seven years? And last week for
the first time I looked at "Dusty Volume" and made the connection. Talk
about feeling stupid...

;) Julie

NP: Sigh...the Cubs being beaten by the Reds. Again.