Re: RE: Help aka Fantasy Baseball

I tried so hard to resist, but i must have a break from grading stupid kids papers.

just one example of the stupidity of today's college youth:
"During a time when segregation was at its best, this movie portrayed life from the other point of view, the view of the black man."

Now, this student has one great advantage as this is a complete sentence with nothing misspelled.  Needless to say this fragment of analysis of "A Patch of Blue" (1965) has numerous ideological difficulties, the greatest of which is referring to the '60s as "a time when segregation was at its best."  now, this could be a statement of her own racial prejudice except that she spends the rest of the paper blathering about how nice a movie it is because it breaks down racial barriers.

'nuff about that.  i'm writing because one of the only soothing aspects of life at a desk is the enjoyment of good music, and i have been listening to FFR all day.

On the sub-topic of fantasy teams, mine is surprisingly good.
i'm in 4th with a computer selected team, as i was unable to find time for the draft.

here's who i have:

C-michael barrett, Mon (not bad despite doomed to Expos)
1B-robert Fick, Det
2B-Fernando Vina, StL (v. avg, but tough to find good 2B)
3B-Mark McLemore, Sea
SS-Rich Aurilia, SF
OF-Kenny Lofton, CWS (woohoo has soo many runs)
OF-Johnny Damon, Bos
OF-Carlos Beltran, KC
Util- Frank Thomas, CWS (He's a legacy, love the White Sox)
Bench- Larry Walker, Col
Bench- Steve Finley, Ari
Bench- Andres Galarraga, Mon

SP-Brian Lawrence, SD
SP-Mike Mussina, NYY (good K's for a starter)
RP-Jose Mesa, Phi (already 5 SV's in 8 games)
RP-mike Williams, Pit
P-Matt Morris, StL (23 K's in four games pretty solid)
P-Steve Trachsel, NYM
P-Shane Reynolds, Hou
Bench-Darryl Kile, StL
Bench-Jeff Weaver, Det (am looking for someon to replace him with)

Finally, in reference to the Fest. of Faith and Writing, it is even weirder to walk into the little cafe and see Karin, Linford, and Jack all sitting in a little booth being subjected to CAlvin's awful food.  Almost makes one genuflect and beg for forgiveness.

Steve II (or III, I dunno we had this worked out at one point, too many of us)