Re: last night

> we're going to ireland in june for our 15th anniversary.  anyone been there?

I spent two days there in 1993 (watched the David Koresh compound burn on the
news in my hotel room).  Two days was far, far too short a time.  We flew in to
Bunratty, drove up through Galway to Castlebar, and then flew back to London
from Knock.  If the Bunratty Castle experience is still there, I tentatively
recommend it.  It's this medieval castle where you eat more or less authentic
medieval food (thankfully to modern cleanliness standards, but at least there
was no "medieval coke" or "medieval budweiser" like at that grotesquerie called
Medieval Times.)  while people serenade you with ballads and poems from
hundreds of years ago.  On paper, that sounds like an excruciatingly painful
experience, but somehow, when you're in a *real* castle, it's not nearly as
kitschy as you might expect.

Definitely drink a few pints o' guinness; it tastes much, much better there.

With only two days there, I don't have a lot to report.  I would go back in
a heartbeat, though.

Hey, apropos nothing in particular, were any listees in the conga line dance
during "Happy With Myself?" at the 1996 Emery Christmas show?  Just curious.

See ya,
--
Don Smith                          Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" - Miguel de Unamuno