Re: last night

what a coincidence!  i just got back on a business trip to london and
paris.  my husband joined me as well.  i had the "terrible" job of shopping
for ideas for my job.  (children's clothing designer).....we liked paris a
lot...but LOVED london.  i would agree w/ liesel's feelings as well.
unfortunately we saw no shakespearean plays...the globe theatre shows don't
start until may ..but we did get to tour it at least.  after my husband
lost his passport and we made an emergency trip to our embassy...we managed
to enjoy the city immensely.  we too ate at cafe rouge...wonderful...but
for delicious belgium food try belgo's...i think close to leicester square.
fun and tasty!! we tried several other restaurants...including fantastic
indian food...but no time to mention everything.  we happened to be there
on the day of the london marathon.  nothing like seeing 32000 people
streaming down the streets to the finish line at buckingham palace.  it was
quite inspirational...as well as depressing considering i'm happy if i can
get under to 6.5 mph on a 5K....and the top male runner was running app.
10.5 mph the entire 26miles. ouch.  we also saw westminster abbey...and the
tower bridge...and lots of other great stuff.  anyway....great place to
visit....and we are determined to return....a.s.a.p.!

we're going to ireland in june for our 15th anniversary.  anyone been
there?  we plan to bike most of the time.  anyone have any good places to
see....good restaurants....good b&bs???

                          ..................twila

                    "Mark"
                    <yellowpolo at hotmail_c       To:     "Dusty Volume" <dustyvolume at yahoo_com>,
                    om>                          <shadow at teuton_org>, <Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com>
                    Sent by:                    cc:
                    owner-over-the-rhine@       Subject:     Re: last night
                    actwin.com

                    04/17/2002 11:39 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "Mark"

Well,

Liesel has already given a review
(http://www.actwin.com/MediaNation/OtR/month.200203/msg00999.html) which
pretty much sums up my feelings as well.
I can recommend the rowing on the Hyde Park lake. Even better if you cannot
row and it's a bit windy.
I can also recommend going to a theatre. We saw a comedy encompassing the
complete works of Shakespeare (sp?) in one single play. Got me rolling over
the floor laughing. But I guess any play will be great.
Visit all the places we haven't had time for yet. Just go and and i'll
guarantee you'll have a great time.

Mark