RE: Meet you at Cstone? (was Re: From Rose (Acidroz at aol_com))

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Dusty Volume wrote:

> --- Bob the dancing monkey <djohnson at snowplow_org>
>
> > complete with
> > chair shots,
> > enziguiris, springboard 'Stratusfaction' bulldogs
> > and stage-level
> > hurricanranas, to scare off everyone else in the
> > front row after the show.
>
> To which I can honestly say   "Wha....?"

Sorry.  Throwing pro wrestling terminology into a discussion on an OtR
mailing list seemed cognitively dissonant in a marvelous way, Dusty.  For
fuller understanding...

Enziguiri - a martial arts counter to which one catches someone's kick,
and uses the caught leg as leverage for a roundhouse kick.

Springboard bulldog - grabbing someone, leaping into a wall (or ropes),
kicking away from the wall, and faceplanting the person into the ground.

Hurricanrana - make an inverted leap (legs higher than head), catch the
person's head between your crossed legs, and perform a twisting
head-scissors, flipping your opponent on two axes.

> >The thought of Rhys pulling a head-scissors on Dusty
> > is a very, very odd
> > image...
>

> To which I say "Yeah!"  I love full body contact the
> first time I meet someone!

Don't we all...

<sigh>

But in retrospect, that was kinda inappropriate of me.  My apologies.

-Drew J, who is a generally shameless wrestling fan

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)