Taking pictures at concerts

Hello everyone;
   At my first OTR concert in 1999 or 2000 (at Canal Steet Tavern, Dayton
OH), I asked Karin if she minded me taking pictures with no flash (I was
seated right in front of her).  She had no problem with it.  I would suggest
against using flash, unless it's just one or two (And I'd even make sure
Karin/Linford didn't mind), and I'd be careful to make sure they're not
looking directly at your camera when you take the picture (flash can be much
brighter than most people realize).

   One way around using flash is to specifically set yourself up close to
the stage where the lighting will take the place of your flash.
Unfortunately lighting is usually still rather poor around the stage.
Onother tip is to use Black and White film.  B & W makes best use of the
darkness, and will give you better results since it only works in shades of
grey and white.

   This also works for larger concerts where you're not supposed to take
camera's in.  If you don't use flash, and are not very conspicuous, you can
usually get away with it.

   Anybody else have any tips on taking pictures?

Sincerely;
Daniel J. Summers