Re: Shermerhorn all the way

"Mark van Hornsveld" <yellowpolo at hotmail_com> wrote:

> i paid a quick visit through this town they named
> after you (or was it the
> other way around?).  A little detour from the
> customer site i worked at
> today. Lovely little one street town in the middle
> of endless polders.

What a cool way to start the morning!  Thank you.

(Although, when I peruse through the header of the
digest and half of the subjects have my name in them I
think dear god, *now* what did I do? :-)

As the town is some centuries old and I'm, well, not,
I'm inclined to think that I'm named after the town.
Or something like that.

Now I've got to dig up my pictures and dream of going
back.  I was there once.  It was cold and rainy/snowy.
 But there were windmills.  When you're from Indiana
and travelling in Holland finding village signs with
"your" name on them and windmills up close and
personal make for a good day;  snow or not.

Now that I think of it I was there the first week of
April, mmmm, 1994.  Wow.  That was a long time ago.
Oh, well...

bks

=====
Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons,
and you will find that it is to the soul what the water
bath is to the body.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
US Supreme Court Justice (1841-1935)