Re: Shermerhorn all the way

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Bethany Keeley wrote:
> you guys must be better drivers then me.  I tried to do that once
> (actually, this was like a few weeks after I got my licence) and I
> almost hit a curb.  Now I avoid that.

The last car accident I was in, my friend said he lost control of the car
when he reached over to twiddle some knob on the dashboard.  Apparently he
took his eyes off the road just long enough to forget where it was.

I was asleep in the passenger seat until we started swerving.  Hoo boy.

We were on our way to a wedding in Regina.  The accident took place in the
Rockies.  Even though my friend and I had been driving through the night,
switching places every few hours, and even though this could have played a
factor in the accident, I thought my friend's explanation was nuts until
we got to the wedding and I told the bride what happened, and she said her
brother had rolled a truck while changing the volume on his radio or
something similarly trivial.  Oh well.  At least the car was a rental.