Re: you know what I hate?

gosh. i go out and try scuba diving a dream come true, and the list and
the world falls apart ... (:

> My man Kelvo hates it...
> >...when someone comes on the list and shares how much
> >they like a particular film, song, album, tv
> >show...whatever...and someone immediately pops up with
> >a post that basically says "You're wrong.  >
> >Isn't there a way to say "Hmm...I see this
> >differently...I didn't care for it..." without coming
> >across with what seems to me to be the ole "I'm the
> >expert on this and you're wrong" attitude.
>
> No.  I tried to do that last summer when voicing my concerns with the
> band Live, and it blew up in my face.  You no doubt remember.
> Anyhow, I only mention it because you've asked.

ok.

i think.... both of you have a point, but not such a big one.

yea, kelvin, i'd agree with you - sometimes people get carrtied away and
talk like they might not (or might if mom never told them about the
'something nice' rule) face to face. indeed, the conversation would move
too fast for that face to face.

matrix, dear. i don't hitnk it blew up as much as you feel like it
might've. i remember that thread. it seemed lke some people got upset.
some people discussed, and others just read.   happens. debate can be
frustrating and emotional. and sometimes just plain intellectual, but
those aren't the best ones.

not that i am one to talk, but... don't be shy. if you spark controversy -
so what? talk some more (:

there are complaints of 'no one answer me' to 'too many ansered me and now
i feel beleagured and oppressed by a storm of negativity.'

cant' have it both ways.

end: monday morning transmission.

rhys

--
This e-mail is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight
variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and