Re: escapism

Hi,

> I shall say no more other than I strongly contend with your idea that
> Buddhism teaches the way to enlightment is through giving in to desire...

Um... I never said any such thing.  In fact, I said just the opposite.  Here's
what I said:

> > Whole religions (buddhism in particular) are based in *precisely* the idea
> > that to deny our impulses is the way to enlightenment, the purpose of being
> > human.  Mouse is turning all this on its head.

Please read what I actually wrote before castigating me.  I get in enough
trouble for things I *do* say without getting harangued for things I *didn't*
say.  :-)

Dayenu,
--
Don Smith                          Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" - Miguel de Unamuno