Re: escapism

Isn't it ironic that a being called "mouse", an ANIMAL no less, would assert
that impulsive behavior is characteristically human.  I shall say no more
other than I strongly contend with your idea that Buddhism teaches the way
to enlightment is through giving in to desire, unless you are talking about
certain forms of nihilistic/hedonistic Western Buddism such as a Buddhist
colony/club I've heard about in Hawai of all places.  Unfortunately,
Westerners have managed to pervert even one of the worlds greatest and most
ethical religions in their pursuit of pleasure and self indulgence.  The
essence of true Buddhism is contained within the Four Noble Truths and
corresponding Eight Fold Path, and anything that contradicts this essential
denial of sensory impulse should in no way be considered real Buddhism (in
my humble and somewhat educated opinion).