Re: six degrees

for those of you who have no "connections" to anyone, let me be the link - i know lots of people (kinda)
- my friends uncle was a semi-famous local artist

- one of my distant cousins is marshall crenshaw

- i used to work with steve forbes

- a former coworker of mine introduced went to school with sam raimi (can't wait for his new "spiderman" movie)and bruce campbell (love the "evil dead" trilogy)

- a friend of mine knows icp personally (i'm not proudof this, however, they "went to school" a few miles from where i live)

- respectfully turned down linford's brother's offer of spending the night on his couch last october

- i know the dj from portishead

- booger from "revenge of the nerds" & alice cooper both attended the my high school alma mater

- i have met cincinatti radio personalities drew & bruce

- my roomie served nicole kidman dinner when she was shooting some film here in the detroit area

- most border officials at the detroit-windosr tunnel know me

- i shook hands with the members of underworld

- i've met the person who, a few years back, shot an 'indie documentary film' about the detroit music, particularly focused on the white stripes (personally, i don't like them), and is gonna be interviewed by gq about his work

ya know, sometimes i get the impression i've led a fun life...

so if you ever want to tell your friends how you "know this guy who knows _________" (fill in someone they would like), go ahead, use me.

---dan in michigan

np: the tragically hip - "if you lived here you'd be home by now"