six degrees and an introduction

Hello all!  This is one of my first posts, but I've been lurking on the
list since my freshman year of college, so that's been three years.
I feel like I know you.

While we're talking about connections, I thought I'd share one that's
 very pertinant to the list!

I have a dear aunt who was excellent friends with Linford at Malone.
 She told me she loves to listen to his solo CDs because it
reminds her of college days when she used to sit in a practice
room with Linford and study to his music.  Linford introduced her to
his brother, Conrad, and now her and Conrad are happily married
and have five children!   My little cousins ( all between the ages of 5-
12) talk about going to Linford and Karin's "cool" house to visit.

My aunt used to bring Linford home to her parent's (my
grandparent's) farm house for weekends and holidays because his
family lived further away.  So Linford formed friendships with the
entire family.  My family introduced me to over the rhine when I was
in high school.  In those days, I knew now one else who
appreciated over the rhine or had the foggiest idea who the band
was.  I was shocked to find people in college who knew of OtR and
loved their music as much as I did.  Then I joined the list and wow,
I was so glad to hear from people who appreciated and cared for
OtR.  I thought that after 3 years, it was about time to say "hello"
to you lovely people.

I was at the late show in Philly a few weeks ago.  I think I could tell
who the listees were, but I felt shy, especially because I had never
posted,  and didn't come introduce myself.  Maybe someday.  I
was at the show with my fiance, his brother and wife, and we had
an incredible table at the very front and center.  The night was
magical.
Ok - time for me to go to work in the library.  I have the best work-
study job ever where I sit behind the front desk of the library.  I get
to read, see everyone who walks by, check books out for folks, and
get a little studying done.  It's not a bad situation. :)
Peace,
Laura