Re: karin and linford

Okay, so I'm a week behind. This week has been, unbelieveably enough, busier
than usual.

Being someone who is big on Seanachies and oral histories (neat internal
rhyme there, innit?)

Linford, I remember mentioning at the last Malone show mentioned meeting
Karin there and at least the starts of the band.

Really beyond that, I'd care to leave open- imagine the silly inferences
about them we'd make if we knew so much about them and (as we already do)
pay such intense attention to their music.

Do we really want ot know what was going on between them during the writing
of GDBD or Patience or just be gratful to them that their music has so often
saved us from everything from bad days to suicide?

True, Sometimes our heros, especially as inclusive and intrinsic as Karin
and Linford are to so many of us, seem very distant figures- so much that 10
feet to the stage has never been so many miles, yet in a very tangible sense
they are somehow right there beside us.

It's an incredible ability that few musicians or artists (OTR, VOL, Dar
Williams, Lucy Kaplansky) are capable of and is one of the most obvious
reasons so many of us are drawn to their music. But what we want to know of
them personally and what they want us to know of them may be a billboard,
may be a sheet of lyrics.

I've lived a fairly public life from time to time. My life does tend to be a
billboard. Its not for everyone. Often, it's not even for me. But Kent's a
gosssipy town, and I live on the Twin Peaks Channel here. (better known as
Brady's- but I love the place).

So I'm up for asking, maybe. But I'm also entierly fine if the response is
that it's none of my business.

Playing both sides against the outside
D.M.