Holy gosh, Linford.

Has everyone been reading the Concert Tour Diaries from the website? I
just stumbled across them, and it's a little like finding someone'd
unexpectedly videotaped that great party ages ago, where you had so much
fun and everyone went home happy, and now you can revisit it and almost
feel it again. It made me laugh out loud.

"I remember the first time I met Jack. It was back in 1995. Miles
Copeland, manager of The Police, had invited me to his castle in Southern
France to participate in a songwriters' festival called Printemps des
Troubadours. I wrote with Andrew Farris of INXS, as well as the singer
from a band popular in the '80s called Spandau Ballet. I laughed my heart
out with Greg Alexander, a boy who went on to start his one-man band, The
New Radicals, and pen the amazingly profound smash hit "You Get What You
Give", only to promptly thumb his nose at the music industry and walk
away, saying, I guess I have no interest in being your next puppet rock
star, thanks anyway. I had dinner with Olivia Newton-John and realized
the girl in roller skates who could make me swoon as a teenager, seemed
more like somebody's nice Mom now that I actually had the chance to lift
a glass of wine with her, and to tell her how much I had loved that song,
"Suddenly":

"And I, I'm ready to sail any ocean with you."

But Linford-- do you mean Tony Hadley? You wote a song with Tony Hadley?
Ohmigosh, that's great! What's he doing now? Or, rather, what was he
doing in '95?

And Andrew Farris. Yum. What are the former INX-ers doing now?