Re: Re: hymns: was Re: The Ob Sessions

On 3/19/02 10:54 PM, quoth the effervescent Gilhamilton at aol_com at
Gilhamilton at aol_com:

>ysoie:
>Hatikva, for me. It always makes me cry, but this past year or two has
>been especially difficult.
>
>thanks ysoie, I had never heard it.  It is a beautiful anthem.  I'd like to
>hear it sometime with the words even though I'd need the translation at hand
>to understand it.

I can sort of sing it. I may have learned it years ago in Sunday school,
but I think it's more likely I just know enough about the way Hebrew
songs usually go. Haven't been able to actually speak Hebrew for
almost...um...for a Very Long Time.

It's a very emotional song-- I sort of knew what it was about before I
knew what the words were, you know?