Re: my goodness (no OtR)

> I should explain.
> I don't dislike Duke.  As a matter of fact, I like
> them a lot, particularly Coach K.  (Part of the reason
> I like them is because I hate UK so much!)  I've
> picked them to win it all, and I'm cool with that.

i just want to jump in here and say i dislike duke in basketball like i
dislike florida state or nebraska in football.  that alone can make me root
for whoever they're playing.

and this year i'm running a small pool.  of the twenty-one brackets turned
in, ten of them have duke winning it all (as does the non-paying sheet filled
out entirely by seedings).  for some reason, that makes me want duke to lose
even more.  (though five upsets in the second round certainly spiced the pool
up--and two of my people picked kent state to beat bama.)

and, being a michigan fan (one day we'll be back in the tournament...), i am
also a big ten fan.  so i would be quite happy to see indiana beat anybody.

so go oregon, oklahoma, or maryland.  or indiana or illinois.

> However, I'm a dyed in the wool Hoosier.  Big time.
> So...I naturally want Indiana to beat Duke.  Slim
> chance, but it could happen.  Remember Notre Dame?

i don't know if it's that slim of a chance.  i think indiana has a pretty
decent chance of beating duke.

oh - one of my people did predict that, too.

-burrill
poopool.burrillstrong.com